RE: [IBIS] *-AMS solves all of IBIS problems?

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 11:09:23 PDT
Syed, Scott,

I renamed that ugly subject line of mine... and would like to
respond to this quick quote from Scott:

> ...that the implied assumption that AMS modeling will somehow solve
> all of our IBIS modeling problems is sorely mistaken.

I will take that blame on myself, because I feel quite optimistic
about AMS these days, and may have said things that come across
that way.

I would like to ask Scott, please give some examples for why not.
Or can I take your next sentence as an example?

> Interaction between the silicon and that pesky passive
> interconnect must be dealt with simultaneously, if we are to believe
> that our simulation results have true high-fidelity to measured
> results.

Why would this not be solvable by writing models with *-AMS?
The way I see it, this is really just up to the model writer
what they characterize and how it is written up in the *-AMS
model.  It doesn't seem to be a language limitation to me.
Am I missing something?

Arpad