[IBIS] Filling C_comp value in IBIS file

From: Ummalaneni, Venu Babu \(Venu\) <venubabu_at_.....>
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 04:31:59 PDT
Hi All,

I hope that for filling the typ, min and max column data under V-I and
V-t tables, PVT conditions are defined for each column.

[Approach 1]
But for filling the data under the [C_comp] keyword these PVT conditions
are not defined. We are taking worst case fast process corner,  maximum
voltage and minimum temperature   values for filling [C_comp] min
column. And reverse for max column.

By following  above procedure for some buffers we are not getting C_comp
values as per desirable sequence C_Comp(min) < C_comp(typ) <
C_Comp(max).
And hence we are getting warning message from the golden parser.

Recently, I read following para from Cook book:

[Approach 2]
The C_comp parameter specifies the buffers input, output or I/O
capacitance and can have a typical, minimum and maximum value.  Note
that when constructing the IBIS file the numerically largest value of
C_comp is listed as the 'max' value while the numerically smallest value
of C_comp is listed as the 'min' value.  C_Comp min and max values do
not necessarily correlate with the min and max conditions under which
the I/V and switching data was gathered.

Which one need to follow? Approach 1 or Approach 2?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Venu.