[IBIS] IBIS Summit Final Call for Papers - DesignCon East (IEC) Sep 19th 2005

From: Syed Huq <shuq_at_.....>
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 11:14:31 PDT
              IBIS SUMMIT at DesignCon East (IEC)
                     FINAL CALL FOR
              PARTICIPATION & PRESENTATIONS

              I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

Time/Date:  Monday September 19, 2005 8:00 AM to 5 PM

Location:   DCU Center
            Worcester, Massachusetts

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information
            and Ideas.

Sponsors:   DesignCon East (IEC)
            Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Intel, SiSoft

            If your company would be interested in sponsoring this
            event, please contact Syed Huq
            <shuq@cisco.com>.
            Benefits to sponsors include formal recognition at the
            meeting and acknowledgement in the Calls for Papers and
            meeting minutes.

            Your financial support strengthens the organization by
            allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities
            rather than raising money, and you will receive generous
            thanks for your support.

DesignCon East Conference
            September 19 - 21, 2005
            DCU Center
            Worcester, Massachusetts

            For more information, see
            <http://www.iec.org/events/2005/designcon_east/index.html/>
	    Catalog:

<http://www.iec.org/events/2005/designcon_east/pdf/dceast05_catalog.pdf>

BACKGROUND

  DesignCon East (IEC)is the premier annual event for electronic design
  engineers working at the chip, board, and system levels in the Eastern
  Region of the United States.  Topics of current interest to the EIA
  IBIS Open Forum are addressed at DesignCon East.

  This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
  Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an
  electronic format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued. Any
  pending formal decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks
  prior to the meeting.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

  People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development,
  and digital circuit design are invited to participate in the Summit
  meeting.  If you plan to participate, please register with the
  information below:

   Name:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:

Send to:
    Beth MacKenzie <bmackenzie@sisoft.com>

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

  We are seeking presentations from individuals who have experiences of
  interest to the IBIS modeling community.  In the past, these have
  included demonstrations of modeling techniques, explanations of
  behavioral algorithms and descriptions of difficulties encountered in
  specific applications.  Of particular interest are topics related to
  model correlation, modeling building experiences and comparisons to
  other modeling methods.  Presentations may be addressed to any and
  all levels of IBIS experience, from beginning to advanced.

  Format of Presentation:  LCD Projection with Windows laptop.

  Time: 15-30 Minutes

  Electronic Archival: We request electronic versions so that the
  presentations can be archived and also made available to
  non-attendees.  Formats used in the past have been text, Power Point,
  Word, Postscript, and Acrobat.  Electronic presentations should be
  made available by September 12, 2005 for uploading and copying to the
  presentation laptop.

If you plan a presentation, please supply

   Title:
   Presenter:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:

   Estimated Time:

Send this to:

  Syed Huq <shuq@cisco.com>

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and a  luncheon.
This will be developed as presentation proposals are received.

  The following individuals have signed up to present at the summit
  (presentation titles are tentative).

  - IBIS Chair's Report and Roadmap: Michael Mirmak, Intel Corporation
  - Extracting On-die Terminator: Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting
  - Version 3.2 Experiences with Fast, Complex Buffer Modeling: Bob
Ross, Teraspeed Consulting
  - An IBIS 4.1 Macro Library for Simulator Independent Modeling: Todd
Westerhoff, Cisco Systems, Inc
  - Asian IBIS Summit Updates: Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

See <http://www.iec.org/events/2005/designcon_east/index.html/> for
travel directions, hotels and other information.