[IBIS] Asian IBIS Summit Third Announcement

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 11:06:04 PDT
To All:

This is the third announcement for the Asian IBIS Summit in
Shenzhen, China, a major technology center near Hong Kong.  The
meeting is being held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, and several IBIS
experts are planning to attend.

The agenda is nearly full with excellent presentations from US
and Asian countries.  The main benefit is to meet IBIS experts
and people actively involved with IBIS model development,
algorithm development, and usage.

Some tentative titles/topics and presenters are:

- IBIS Committee Overview and IBIS Modeling Challenges
   Mirmak, Michael (Intel Corporation (USA)

- Using IBIS for SI Analysis
   Zhong, ZhangMin* and Wang, Lance** (Cadence Design Systems,
   *China and **USA)

- Fiberhome Telecommunications Technology Experiences with
   IBIS Models
   Zheng, Qi (Fiberhome Telecommunications Technology, China)

- (To be Determined)
   Shoji, Kazuyoshi (Hitachi ULSI Systems, Japan)

- Three Facets of IBIS: Interface, Behavior, and Measurement
   Dodd, Ian (Mentor Graphics Corporation, USA)

- IBIS and Power Delivery Systems
   Jiang, XiangZhong (Huawei Technologies, China)

- Power Delivery System Signal Return Path and SSO Analysis
   Guidelines
   Chen, Raymond (Sigrity, USA)

- How to Extract and Split the C_comp, and Why it is Important
   in Power Integrity Simulations
   Yang, Zhiping (Cisco Systems, USA)

- Macro Model and Multi-GHz System Simulation
   Zhu, ShunLin, (ZTE Corporation, China)

- IBIS Models for DDR2 Analysis
   Katz, Barry, (Signal Integrity Software (SiSoft), USA)

- JEITA EDA - WG Activity and Study of Interconnect Model
   Watanabe, Takeshi (NEC Electronics Corporation, Japan)

- IBIS Model and Algorithm Improvements
   Ross, Bob (Teraspeed Consulting Group, USA)

Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group

Lance Wang
Cadence Design Systems

                              ASIAN IBIS SUMMIT
                               THIRD CALL FOR
                       PARTICIPATION AND PRESENTATIONS

http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/summits/dec05/ASIAN_IBIS_SUMMIT_CHINESE.pdf
http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/summits/dec05/ASIAN_IBIS_SUMMIT_CH_TRA-2.pdf

               A S I A N   I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

Time/Date:  Tuesday December 6, 2005,  8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
             Meeting starts at 9:00 AM

Location:   Crowne Plaza Hotel Shenzhen
             9026 Shennan Rd, OCT
             Shenzhen, 518053
             CHINA
             Tel: 86-755-26936888
             Fax: 86-755-26936999
             E-mail: cpsz@cpsz.com
             http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hd/SZXNS

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information
             and Ideas.

Primary Sponsor:
             Huawei Technologies

Co-sponsors (in alphabetical order):
             Cadence Design Systems, Mentor Graphics Corporation,
             Signal Integrity Software (SiSoft), and Sigrity

             Contact us for details regarding sponsorship.

Cost:       FREE, including refreshments and buffet lunch

Vendors:    Some vendors will have information tables outside
             the meeting room

BACKGROUND

    Shenzhen, next to Hong Kong, is a special economic zone in the
    Peoples Republic of China with many high technology companies
    and many development and sales offices of foreign companies.
    Many sites of interest are near the conference hotel.

    Like the European IBIS Summit, our objective is to reach out
    internationally to communicate with the local experts and to
    learn of regional concerns.

CONFERENCE LANGUAGE

    The conference language is English, but we will plan for technical
    translation as needed in a manner to be determined.  So presenters
    can optionally deliver in Chinese as long as an English version of
    the material is available.

IBIS SUMMIT

    This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
    Presentations will be archived in an electronic format on our
    Summits site, and minutes of the meeting will be issued.  However,
    no formal decisions requiring votes will be planned.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

    People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development,
    and digital circuit design are invited to participate to the
    Summit meeting. If you plan to participate, please register with
    the information below:

      Name:
      E-mail address:

      Company:
      Top-level Web Link:

      Country:
      Telephone:

      Comments:
        (Such as assistance for the travel requirements at the end)

    Send to BOTH:

      Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group   bob@teraspeed.com
      Lance Wang, Cadence Design Systems     lwang@cadence.com

    SIGNUP DEADLINE: November 25, 2005

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

    We are seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS
    experiences or issues.  If we have to select presentations for
    the number of time slots available, we will give preferential
    consideration to Asian-based presentations.

    Presentation Format:   LCD Projection from meeting laptop computer
    Time:                  15-30 Minutes including questions
    Electronic Archival:   All presentations will uploaded to our public
                           IBIS Summit archives
    Electronic Format:     Power Point or Acrobat
    Presentation Copies:   Available at the meeting for all attendees

    Presentation Deadline: November 7, 2005 to produce hard copies for
                           the meeting

    If you plan a presentation, please ADD to the above registration
    information:

      Title of Presentation:

      Estimated Time:
        (30 minutes or less)

    Note: The agenda is full, but let us know if you are interested in
    doing a presentation.  We may be able to adjust the schedule to
    allow for your presentation.

    We will notify you of acceptance and may follow up with questions
    when we form the program agenda.

    Note: Vendor promotional or business information is prohibited.
    Submitted presentations must be in English, although the delivery
    can be in a Chinese and translation to be arranged.

    Asian-based submissions are encouraged.

AGENDA

    8:15 -   9:00  Sign in, casual conversation, vendor tables
    9:00 -  12:00  Presentations
    12:00 - 13:30  Free buffet lunch, vendor tables
    13:30 - 17:30  Presentations
    17:30 - 18:30  Casual conversations, vendor tables

    The following companies are planning presentations:

      China:
        Huawei Technologies, ZTE Communications, Fiberhome
        Telecommunications Technology

      Japan:
        NEC Electronics Corportion (on JEITA), Hitachi ULSI Systems

      USA
        Cadence Design Systems, Cisco Systems, Intel Corporation,
        Mentor Graphics Corporation, Signal Intergrity Software
        (SiSoft), Sigrity, and Teraspeed Consulting Group

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS AND TRAVEL RULES

    Hotels in all price ranges can be found through internet searches.

    A link to the conference hotel, Crown Plaza Hotel Shenzhen, is:

      http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hd/SZXNS

    Comply with your travel rules, such as indicated in the link
    below to China and Shenzhen.  Work with your travel agent.  Notify
    us as a sign-up comment if you need assistance.  Visas, if needed,
    should fall in the visit/business category:

      http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa.htm

Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs
121 North River Drive              13610 SW Harness Lane
Narragansett, RI 02882             Beaverton, OR 97008
401-284-1827                       503-430-1065
http://www.teraspeed.com           503-246-8048 Direct
bob@teraspeed.com

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC