[IBIS] First Announcement for Design Con IBIS Summit 2006

From: Fred Balistreri <fred_at_.....>
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 12:15:19 PST
To All:

This is the first Announcement for the DesignCon 2006 IBIS Summit
Meeting held in Santa Clara, California.

Note, because of the interest in Monday tutorial sessions, we have
moved the IBIS Meeting to Thursday on the last 1/2 day of DesignCon.

We are seeking Sponsors for the IBIS meeting to cover the expenses
for a Free lunch and refreshments.

Also note that discounts are offered for all conference packages
through January 13, 2006, and also February 6, 2006 for free
exhibit registration.

Best Regards,
Fred:

                              IBIS SUMMIT
                             FIRST CALL FOR
                     PARTICIPATION & PRESENTATIONS

              I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

Time/Date:  Thursday, February 9, 2006 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
            (MOVED FROM MONDAY)

Location:   Santa Clara Convention Center
            Santa Clara, CA

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and
            Ideas.

Sponsors:   Applied Simulation Technology, Cisco Systems, International
            Engineering Cornsortium (DesignCon)

            We are seeking more co-sponsors.  Please contact Bob Ross
            <bob@teraspeed.com>.  The Benefits to sponsors include
            recognition at the meeting and acknowledgement in the Calls
            for Papers and meeting minutes.

            Your financial support strengthens the organization by
            allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities
            rather than raising money, and you will receive generous
            thanks for your support.

DesignCon 2006 Conference:

            February 6 - February 9, 2006
            Santa Clara Convention Center
            Santa Clara, CA

            Exhibit registration is Free if you register before
            February 6, 2006, and conference discounts before.

              http://www.designcon.com/2006/
              http://www.designcon.com/2006/registration/

     Conference Catalog:

       http://www.designcon.com/2006/pdf/dc06_catalog.pdf

IBIS Booth: Come visit the IBIS Booth to meet attendees and pick up
            IBIS information.

BACKGROUND

DesignCon is the premier annual Silicon Valley event for the electronic
design automation (EDA) and semiconductor industry.  Topics of current
interest to the EIA IBIS Open Forum are addressed at DesignCon.

This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an electronic
format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued. Any pending formal
decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks prior to the
meeting.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development, and
digital circuit design are invited to participate in the Summit meeting.
If you plan to participate, please register with the information below:

       Name:
       E-mail address:
       Company:
       Telephone:

Send to:

       Fred Balistreri  <fred@apsimtech.com>

Registration deadline is Wednesday, February 1, 2003 to receive the
free lunch.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

We are seeking presentations from individuals who have experiences
of interest to the IBIS modeling community.  In the past, these have
included, but not limited to:

       Demonstrations of modeling techniques
       Explanations of behavioral algorithms
       Descriptions of difficulties encountered
       Model correlation
       Modeling building experiences
       Comparisons to other modeling methods
       New techologies for modeling buffers and component
       New technologies for modeling packaging and interconnect
       etc.

Presentations may be addressed to any and all levels of IBIS experience,
from beginning to advanced.

Presentation Format:

      A conference laptop with LCD projection.  Power Point or Acrobat
      electronic formats are favored and will pre-loaded on the
      Windows-basede meeting laptop prior to the meeting.

Time: Usually 15-30 Minutes

Electronic Archival:

      Presentations will be archived under the IBIS Summits site
      and also must be submitted in time for uploading and copying.
      Final submission deadline is:

         Wednesday, February 1, 2006

      Otherwise, you should bring 50 copies.

If you plan a presentation, please supply the following information
as soon as possible:

      Tentative Title:
      Presenter:
      E-mail address:
      Company:
      Telephone:

      Estimated Time:

Send to:

      Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and a FREE
lunch.  The agenda details will be developed as proposals are
received.

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

The Hotel and Travel Link provides a conference hotel discount, and
use internet search engines other good lodging deals:

     http://www.designcon.com/2006/conference/hotel_and_travel.html