[IBIS] European IBIS Summit at DATe 2006 - Third Call for Paper/Call for Participation

From: Ralf Bruening <ralf.bruening_at_.....>
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 07:48:16 PST
To All:

       We have been holding successful European IBIS Summit Meetings
       for the past seven years.  Next year we are again holding a
       meeting along with DATe 06 on Friday, March 10, 2006.

       The purpose is to promote communication among users and
       developers of IBIS models in Europe. The meeting is free and
       open to everyone. However, you will have to register for the
       exhibition at DATe (to get access to the meeting room).
       Refreshments & sandwiches are planned.

       Below is some information on the IBIS Summit and some
       related events.
       You are invited to register and also to submit
       presentation proposals.

  Ralf Bruening
  Product Manager High Speed Design Solutions
  ZUKEN EMC Technology Center

  E U R O P E A N   I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

    T H I R D   C A L L   F O R  P A R T I C I P A T I O N

 Time/Date:     9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Friday, March 10, 2006
 Location:      Meeting room @ ICM Messe Munich (Munich ICM
                        Congress Center)
                Munich, Germany (where DATE 2006 is being held).

                Free DATE 2006 exhibition registration for room entry,
                see URL below.

 Content:       Presentations and Discussions

 Purpose:       Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and
                Ideas

 Sponsors:      Tentative so far, not all committed yet: Zuken, Mentor
                Graphics, Cadence Design Systems/Flowcad, Siemens.

                If your company would be interested in sponsoring this
                event, please contact or Ralf Bruening under

                <ralf.bruening@zuken.de>.

                Benefits to sponsors include formal recognition at the
                meeting and mention in the Calls for Papers and meeting
                minutes.

                Your financial support strengthens the organization by
                allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities
                rather than raising money, and you will receive generous
                thanks for your support.

 DATE 2006 Conference:     March 06-10, 2006.  The IBIS meeting is
                           scheduled the day after the DATE 2005
                           exhibition ends.

 Location:      ICM International Congress Center, Munich, Germany
 DATE URL:      http://www.date-conference.com

 Background:
                DATE (Design, Automation, and Test in Europe) is the only
                European event dedicated to electronic system design
                and test.
                Topics of current interest to the EIA IBIS Open Forum
                are addressed at DATE.
                This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit
                Meeting.

                Presentations are expected to be available and archived
                in an electronic format, and minutes of the meeting will
                be issued.

                Any pending formal decisions (votes) will be announced
                at least two weeks prior to the meeting.

                Topics and presentations may include (list is
                open for further contributions):

                - Submitted Presentations on IBIS Topics (See below)
                - Information about the most recent IBIS Developments
                - Less formal Ad Hoc Presentations and Discussions
                - IBIS and Modelling Questions and Answers

                The meeting is free and open to everyone.  However,
                you will have to register for the exhibition at DATe
                (to get access to the meeting room).  Refreshments are
                planned. Below is some information on the IBIS Summit
                and some related events.
                You are invited to register and also to submit
                presentation proposals.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
     People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development,
     and digital circuit design are invited to participate in the
     European IBIS Summit meeting.
     If you plan to participate, please register with the information
     below  (deadline, Febrary 24th, 2006):

     Name:
     E-mail address:
     Company:
     Telephone:

 Send to:
   Ralf Bruening (ralf.bruening@zuken.de)

 CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
      We are seeking presentations from individuals who have
      IBIS experiences or issues.  Some suggested subjects of interest are:

      - IBIS Model Development Experiences
      - Company IBIS Standards and Requirements
      - Generating and Validating IBIS Models
      - Future IBIS Requirements
      - Modelling of dedicated technology issues (i.e.
        connectors, very high speed interfaces)
      - EMC/EMI and Power Integrity  IBIS Issues
      - Experiences using IBIS in the PCB Design process

   Format of Presentation:  LCD or Overhead Projections
   Time:                    15-30 Minutes
   Electronic Archival:     We request electronic versions so that the
                            presentations can be archived and also made
                            available to non-attendees.  Formats used in
                            the past have been text, Power Point, Word,
                            Postscript, and Acrobat PDF.
                            Electronic presentations should be made
                            available by February the 25th, 2005.
                            Otherwise the presentor will be expected to
                            provide 30 copies for distribution.

  If you plan a presentation, please supply
   Title:
   Presenter:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:
   Estimate Time:

 Send this to both:
   Ralf Bruening  (ralf.bruening@zuken.de)

AGENDA
      The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and
      a luncheon (which will be provided).  This will be developed as
      presentation proposals are received.

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS
     See <http://www.date-conference.com/conference/travel.htm> for
     travel directions, hotels and other information.

Looking forward to meeting you at DATe 2006 in Munich

   Ralf Bruening

Ralf Bruening
Product Manager High Speed Design/Partner & Solution Business
Zuken EMC Technology Center
Vattmannstr.3
33100 Paderborn
Germany

Tel: ++49 (0) 5251 150 600
Fax: ++49 (0) 5251 150 700

Web: www.zuken.com
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you
have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete
the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.