[IBIS] Re: How I can extract two value for vinh and vinl

From: Andrew Ingraham <a.ingraham_at_.....>
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 08:27:36 PST
Usually, you are given the Vinh and Vinl specifications, and the component's
actual behavior is well within those values.

Thus, Vinh and Vinl can be thought of as extremely conservative, if you try
to relate them to the actual input switching threshold(s).

You probably can't use measurements or simulations to figure out what Vinh
and Vinl should be.  They are usually decided in advance, and then
components are designed around those specifications.

Vinh and Vinl are also used for timing purposes.  They usually show up
throughout a part's data sheet, on all of its timing waveforms or as
conditions in the tables of timing specifications.

Regards,
Andy