RE: [IBIS-Users] RE: [IBIS] To capture the delay variation with change in IO voltage

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 09:39:50 PST
Venu,

I just remembered something that I forgot to mention
in my previous reply.

This is not an IBIS parameter, but HSPICE does have something
in the B-element which tries to imitate the gate modulation
effect.  Look at the last two items on this list:

B_IO nd_pu nd_pd nd_out nd_in nd_en V_out_of_in [nd_pc nd_gc]
+ file='file_name' model='model_name'
+ [typ={typ|min|max|fast|slow}] [power={on|off}]
+ [buffer={3|input_output}]
+ [xv_pu=state_pu] [xv_pd=state_pd]
+ [interpol={1|2}]
+ [ramp_fwf={2|1|0}] [ramp_rwf={2|1|0}]
+ [fwf_tune=fwf_tune_value] [rwf_tune=rwf_tune_value]
+ [nowarn]
+ [c_com_pu=c_com_pu_value]
+ [c_com_pd=c_com_pd_value]
+ [c_com_pc=c_com_pc_value]
+ [c_com_gc=c_com_gc_value]
+ [pu_scal=pu_scal_value]
+ [pd_scal=pd_scal_value]
+ [pc_scal=pc_scal_value]
+ [gc_scal=gc_scal_value]
+ [rwf_scal=rwf_scal_value]
+ [fwf_scal=fwf_scal_value]
+ [spu_scal=spu_scal_value]
+ [spd_scal=spd_scal_value]

They are scaling coefficients which scale the IV curves based
on the change in the supply voltage.  They are not documented
too well in the HSPICE manuals, but as far as I remember they
will do the following:

If you have a value of 1, the IV curve will be scaled by the
same percentage as the supply deviates from the value given
by the IBIS model.  For example, a 5V buffer getting 4.5 volts
means a 10% change down, so the IV curve will be reduced by 10%.
If you give 0.5 for these parameters, the same 10% change in the
supply will result in 5% change in the IV curve.  A zero will
result in no change in the IV curves, a 2 will result a 20%
change, and so on...  As far as I remember, negative values will
also work reversing the relationship (lower supplies will increase
the IV curves).

I hope this helps.

Arpad