[IBIS] Re: [IBIS-Users] Ibis open drain strange behaviour

From: Dimitry Eisenshtat <Dimitry.Eisenshtat_at_.....>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 23:49:55 PST
Hi all,
Mei Yee, if you see the buffer to be modeled as box with some interface
(lets speak for example about one directional buffer which has only
transmitter, so the interface in simplest case will be data_from_core,
enable, pad) - you of course expected from IBIS representation the same
(in ideal case) behavioral as the transistor-level simulation with
spice, in other words, no delay is expected between both transient
looking from board level and you can not synchronize your simulation
with signal inside the core aren't you? How you can define for example
WHEN the input signal starts the transition - it dependent on unknown
digital stage number the signal is walking on before the buffer
data_from_core input, isn't it ? As i understand, the delay from enable
to pad is meaningless, because actually you can not define absolute time
in board-level scope, only the transition itself is important. Another
question is - why the delay comes to be, but for example the answer may
be the time windowing of V/T tables (I mean the model maker probably
shifts the transients response table in order to make the time window
smaller, for example).

I have to say, I'm circuit designer and I has produced a lot of IBIS
models, but has actually no knowledge about using of these models on
board level, so I really like to know if I have a mistake. Aubrey, did
you mean the same things?

Regards,
    Dmitry

NG,MEI-YEE wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to say that I experienced the same phenomenon as Roberto,
> with the IBIS waveform delayed compared to the transistor level
> simulation. Aubrey, what do you mean by IBIS model doesn't contain
> buffer delay? How does that explain IBIS model being delayed in the
> output response?
>
> Appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Mei Yee

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such  a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.