[IBIS] Why is it necessary to take R_load/R_fixture, rather than taking only Capacitor(C_load) for V-T tables?

From: bhavneet aujla <bhavneetsingh1_at_.....>
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 08:54:32 PST
Hello,
  For the realisation of V-T table/Ramp [Rising Waveforms and Falling Waveforms] at the output we require a Resistance [R_fixture/ R_load], but in CMOS, Capacitor acts as load so why it is'nt neccessary to take Capacitor at output for extraction of V-T. Since i know R-fixture specifies the impedance of the system transmission lines the buffer will drive, but still confused that, for CMOS load is capacitor, and finally output via transmission line has to drive CMOS (which is modeled as capacitor).
  Regards
Bhavneet Singh
  Sub: Why is it necessary to take R_load/R_fixture, rather than taking only Capacitor(C_load) for V-T tables?

Bored stiff? Loosen up...