[IBIS] IBIS BIRD104 Comment

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 14:16:39 PDT
To All:

This is a minor comment related to the ANSI C reference.

In Notes section just above the KEYWORD DEFINITION, the sentence:

| 2. Throughout the document, terms “long”, “double” etc. are used to
| indicate the data types in the ANSI ‘C’ programming language.

should make a specific, official reference such as:

| 2. Throughout the document, terms “long”, “double” etc. are used to
| indicate the data types in the C programming language as published in
| ISO/IEC 9899-1999.

( See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_C )

ANSI C appears to as a shorthand reference to the earlier 1989 version,
even though a mre recent version exists.  Also,  ANSI 'C' may not be
the correct shorthand term.  We should use official nomenclature and
reference the most recent "C99" document for definitions to avoid
ambiguity.

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC