[IBIS] Second Call for participation & Presentation: IBIS Summit 2008

From: Syed Huq (shuq) <shuq_at_.....>
Date: Thu Dec 20 2007 - 14:15:17 PST
To All:

This is the second Announcement for the DesignCon 2008 IBIS Summit

Meeting held at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara,

California.

Cisco Systems is sponsoring the event, but we welcome additional

sponsors to cover some of the meeting expenses and the free lunch and

refreshments.

Also, note that VIP discounts are offered for all DesignCon 2008

conference packages (including free exhibition admission) through

links given below.  Many IBIS members are also actively participating

and presenting material in the DesignCon program.

Best Regards,

Syed

                              IBIS SUMMIT

                            SECOND CALL FOR

                     PARTICIPATION & PRESENTATIONS

              I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

Time/Date:  Thursday, February 7, 2008 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Location:   Santa Clara Convention Center

            5101 Great America Parkway,

            Santa Clara, California, USA

Room:       TBD

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and

            Ideas.

Sponsors:   Cisco Systems, International Engineering Consortium
(DesignCon)

            We are seeking more co-sponsors.  Please contact Syed Huq

            <shuq@cisco.com>.  The Benefits to sponsors include

            recognition at the meeting and acknowledgement in the Calls

            for Papers and meeting minutes.

            Your financial support strengthens the organization by

            allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities

            rather than raising money, and you will receive generous

            thanks for your support.

DesignCon 2007 Conference:

            February 4 - 7, 2008

            Santa Clara Convention Center

            Santa Clara, CA

              http://www.designcon.com/2008/

            IBIS Summit participants can register at discounted rates

            through this link:

              http://www.designcon.com/2008/register/ibis_reg.html

            However, please also notify Syed Huq at the address below

            if you are planning to attend the IBIS Summit.

     Conference Schedule:

       http://www.designcon.com/2008/conference/schedule.html

IBIS Booth: Come visit the IBIS Booth to meet attendees and pick up

            IBIS information.

BACKGROUND

DesignCon is the premier annual Silicon Valley event for the electronic

design automation (EDA) and semiconductor industry.  Topics of current

interest to the EIA IBIS Open Forum are addressed at DesignCon.

This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.

Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an electronic

format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued. Any pending formal

decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks prior to the

meeting.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development, and

digital circuit design are invited to participate in the Summit meeting.

If you plan to participate, please register with the information below:

   Name:

   E-mail address:

   Company:

   Telephone:

Send to:

   Syed Huq <shuq@cisco.com>

Registration deadline is Wednesday, January 30, 2008 to receive the

free lunch.

You can also register through the DesignCon link and also get VIP

discounted rates at DesignCon.  But please also notify Syed that

you are registering.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

We are seeking presentations from individuals who have experiences

of interest to the IBIS modeling community.  In the past, these have

included, but not limited to:

   Demonstrations of modeling techniques

   Explanations of behavioral algorithms

   Descriptions of difficulties encountered

   Model correlation

   Modeling building experiences

   Comparisons to other modeling methods

   New technologies for modeling buffers and component

   New technologies for modeling packaging and interconnect

   Algorithmic modeling topics

   Etc.

Presentations may be addressed to any and all levels of IBIS experience,

from beginning to advanced.

Presentation Format:

   A conference laptop with LCD projection.  Power Point or Acrobat

   electronic formats are favored and will pre-loaded on the

   Windows-based meeting laptop prior to the meeting.

Time: Usually 15-30 Minutes

Electronic Archival:

   Presentations will be archived under the IBIS Summits site

   and also must be submitted in time for uploading and copying.

   Final submission deadline is:

     Wednesday, January 30, 2008

   Otherwise, you should bring 50 copies.

If you plan a presentation, please supply the following information

as soon as possible:

   Tentative Title:

   Presenter:

   E-mail address:

   Company:

   Telephone:

   Estimated Time:

Send to:

       Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and a FREE

lunch.  The agenda details will be developed as proposals are

received.

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

The Hotel and Travel Link provides a conference hotel discount, and

use internet search engines other good lodging deals:

   http://www.designcon.com/2008/conference/hotel_and_travel.html