RE: [IBIS-Users] RE: [IBIS] RE: IBIS model behavior between Vinh and Vinl input

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Fri Jan 04 2008 - 09:32:35 PST
Akilesh,

Your first statement is incorrect.  I have seen specs which
say Vinh = Vcc - a_value, for example.  But even in the old
TTL says, the famous 0.8 and 2.0 numbers were not considered
a to be a representation of a given combination of process,
temperature, supply voltage, etc... as far as I remember it
was a spec you have to satisfy at all conditions.  Once again,
these values have nothing to do with what the chip does,
these numbers are the requirements beyond which it is not
guaranteed to work correctly.  Think of it as a speed limit
sign on the street.  Does it mean that your car cannot go
any faster?  No, it means you should not drive it faster
which has nothing to do with the characteristics of your
car's engine, suspension, etc...

Arpad