[IBIS] RE: [ibis-macro] Re: BIRD107: Update to Algorithmic Modeling API (AMI) Support in IBIS

From: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh_at_.....>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 06:28:28 PDT
Arpad,

I have given this one a lot of thought, and realized my changing the BIRD text was another one of
those perspective things.  I'm pressed for time at the moment, but wanted to get this one the wire
before I have to jump into a meeting ...

If we agree models get called in the following sequence:

TX AMI_Init -> RX AMI_Init -> TX AMI_Getwave -> RX AMI_Getwave

Then the original text was okay and I shouldn't have changed it.  I had a different perspective that
let me to think the text needed to be changed.  I realized the perspective I had was based on a
particular context, one that didn't really reflect how these models would be executed in an
operating EDA platform.

I can go into detail how I got to that point, but I don't think it matters.

If everyone else expected the calling sequence I listed above, then we should just go back to the
original text.  This will have been case of the editor trying to solve a problem that didn't exist.

My apologies for the confusion.

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
VP, Software Products