[IBIS] Asian IBIS Summit (Japan) Fifth Announcement

From: Mirmak, Michael <michael.mirmak_at_.....>
Date: Sun Nov 02 2008 - 14:36:05 PST
The IBIS Open Forum will hold its third Asian IBIS Summit (Japan) Meeting on November 14 in Tokyo, Japan.  This is the fifth announcement, and mostly a call for participation.

JEITA (Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association) is the primary event sponsor with several companies, listed below, acting as co-sponsors.  The event will held at JEITA headquarters in Tokyo.  Several experts from outside Japan are expected to participate.

We are forming a full program with about 10 or more technical contributions.  The meeting agenda will be sent out next week.

Michael Mirmak
Intel Corporation

Takeshi Watanabe
NEC Electronics Corporation

                         ASIAN IBIS SUMMIT (JAPAN)
                              FIFTH CALL FOR
                      PARTICIPATION AND PRESENTATIONS

             A S I A N   I B I S   S U M M I T   ( J A P A N )

Time/Date:  Friday November 14, 2008, 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
            Meeting starts at 9:00 AM

Location:   JEITA Headquarters (New Location)
            Chiyoda First Bldg. South Wing, 3-2-1
            Nishi-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku
            Tokyo, 101-0065
            JAPAN

            http://www.jeita.or.jp/english/about/location/index.htm

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information
            and Ideas.

Organizational Sponsors:
            Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries
               Association (JEITA)
            IBIS Open Forum

Co-sponsors (in alphabetical order):
            Agilent Technologies
            Ansoft
            ATE Service Corporation (Sigrity)
            Cadence
            Cybernet Systems
            Fujitsu
            Zuken

Cost:       FREE, including refreshments and lunch

            Contact us for details regarding sponsorship

BACKGROUND

   This year we holding the third open Asian IBIS Summit (Japan)
   meeting.  Major Japanese companies operate in Tokyo and are
   affiliated with JEITA and IBIS.

   Our objective is to reach out internationally to communicate with
   local experts, foster information exchange and to learn of
   regional concerns.

CONFERENCE LANGUAGE

   The conference language is English, but we will plan for technical
   translations in English and Japanese.  Presenters are welcome to
   deliver the presentation in Japanese for the convenience of attendees
   so long as an English printed version of the material is available.

IBIS SUMMIT

   This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
   Presentations will be archived in an electronic format on our
   Summit site and minutes of the meeting will be issued.  However,
   no formal decisions requiring votes will be planned.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

   People involved in IBIS model development, EDA tool development,
   signal integrity simulation, platform and digital circuit design
   are invited to participate to the Summit meeting. If you plan to
   participate, please register with the information below:

     Name:
     E-mail address:

     Company:
     Top-level Web Link:

     Country:
     Telephone:

   Send to BOTH:

     Bob ROSS, Teraspeed Consulting Group    bob@teraspeed.com
     Kazuyoshi SHOJI, Hitachi ULSI Systems   kazuyoshi.shohji.aj@hitachi.com

   SIGNUP DEADLINE: November 7, 2008

     Because of limited space, advance registration is required.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

   We are seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS
   experiences or issues.  If we have to select presentations for
   the number of time slots available, we will give preferential
   consideration to presentations from Asia.

   Presentation Format:   LCD Projection from meeting laptop computer
   Time:                  15-30 Minutes including questions
   Electronic Archival:   All presentations will uploaded to our public
                          IBIS Summit archives
   Electronic Format:     Microsoft PowerPoint or Adobe PDF
   Presentation Copies:   Available at the meeting for all attendees

   Presentation Deadline: November 7, 2008 to produce the presentation
                          copies for the meeting

   If you plan a presentation, please ADD to the above registration
   information:

     Title of Presentation:

     Estimated Time:
       (30 minutes or less)

   We will notify you of acceptance and may follow up with questions
   when we form the program agenda.

   Note: Vendor promotional or business information is prohibited.

   Submissions from Asia-based presenters are encouraged.

AGENDA (Tentative)

   8:30     Sign in Asian IBIS Summit (Japan)
   9:00     Presentations
   12:00    Free lunch
   12:40    Presentations
   16:00    End of Meeting
   16:00    Open Discussion about EDA Model (JEITA-EIA/IBIS Meeting)
            Everyone is welcome
   17:00    Welcome Party

   The specific agenda is being developed.  We expect seven or eight
   presentations covering a range of issues from existing customer
   experiences, existing clarifications and some of the future
   directions in IBIS to deal with technical advances.

   Several major IBIS Committee presentations from IBIS officers or
   active members are planned.

   Several presentations on IBIS applications or modeling issues are
   expected from co-sponsor companies or their customers.

   Also, we will have sponsor booths this year.

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS AND TRAVEL RULES

   Hotels in all price ranges can be found through internet searches.
   JEITA suggests the Tokyo Dome Hotel as convenient accommodation.

   JEITA headquarters is located near several train stations (click
   image):

     http://www.jeita.or.jp/english/about/location/index.htm