RE: [IBIS] IO Open Drain Model

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Fri Feb 13 2009 - 06:28:21 PST
Gaurav,

I am sorry for the flame, but these kinds of questions
really drive me up the wall.  How can you make an IBIS
model without knowing the basics about your device and
IBIS modeling?

You should know whether the device has a pullup or
pulldown in it, that will answer which I-V curve you
need to put into your IBIS model.

You should know enough about IBIS modeling by reading
through the IBIS Cookbook to know whether you should
use any pullup resistors when you make IBIS models.
(By the way resistors in the kOhm range won’t do you
any good in IBIS models, read the Cookbook to find out
why).

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/cookbook/cookbook-v4.pdf

You should start asking questions in forums like this
if you can’t find the answers in the publicly available
resources.

Arpad