RE: [IBIS-Users] Re: [IBIS] V-T data query

From: Tom Dagostino <tom_at_.....>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 09:30:23 PDT
As in most cases it depends.  An ECL differential buffer would only have one
set of waveforms with the termination voltage to Vdd - 2V.  CML would also
have only a rising and falling VT tables to Vdd.  Most LVDS buffer models
that I have seen have rising and falling to 1.25V.  But a differential
buffer with "normal" CMOS outputs would have rising and falling VT tables to
both ground and Vdd.

You can find out more about how to model by reading the IBIS cook book.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed(R) Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane
Beaverton, OR 97008