RE: [IBIS] termination on input buffer

From: Itzhak Peleg <itzikpe_at_.....>
Date: Sat May 16 2009 - 23:39:55 PDT
Hi Babid

1. Rgnd or Rpower keywords are pure resistors connected from pin to power or ground.
2. Sometimes the termination is in the Power clamp and ground clamp curves. In this case you should look at the curves with an IBIS viewer in case that the current from 0 to Vcc isn't 0 (or something like x.xe-9) you have a termination. Sometimes you can see a linear line in those curve which indicate a resistive load.
3. for IO models with On Die Termination (ODT) - you will have a keyword Add Submodel which will indicate another submodel. In this case the power clamp and ground calmp will show 0 current from 0 to vcc and the termination will be in the curves that are in the submodel.

Best Regards.

Itzik Peleg, Senior Signal Integrity Engineer
Marvell Israel Ltd.
P before printing this email, think about the environment This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.