[IBIS] Call for Touchstone 2.0 parser development bids!

From: Mirmak, Michael <michael.mirmak_at_.....>
Date: Wed May 20 2009 - 09:22:57 PDT
The IBIS Open Forum has recently approved the Touchstone 2.0 specification.  To aid industry adoption, the Open Forum would like to release a "golden parser" for Touchstone 2.0 files, similar to the approach for IBIS and ICM.  We are therefore soliciting bids from software developers to create a new parser to support Touchstone 2.0 syntax.

We are seeking an estimate of the time and cost of developing an Touchstone 2.0 parser according to the requirements of the Touchstone 2.0 specification.  The document can be found at:

    http://www.eda.org/ibis/touchstone_ver2.0/

Note that the source for the parser will not be distributed except under paid license from the IBIS Open Forum.

While we will look at each proposal a whole, we do place heavy weight on flexibility, level of interaction possible and knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, as interpretation or technical issues may arise that require discussion.  Note that the parser development schedule and scope are contingent on the ability of the IBIS Open Forum to raise sufficient funds to cover parser costs.  The IBIS Open Forum may opt for a reduced list of features depending upon the funds that are available, on a mutually-agreed schedule.

If you are interested, please request a bid packet, which contains additional information on parser requirements.  Bid submissions must be received no later than June 30.  Proposals and bid packet requests should be sent to Michael Mirmak, IBIS Open Forum Chair, using the contact information below.

Thank you!

 - Michael Mirmak
   Intel Corp.
   Chair, IBIS Open Forum