[IBIS] RE: [ibis-macro] IBIS model of drifferential driver with programmable multi-tap preemphasis

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Wed Jul 22 2009 - 07:53:31 PDT
Nitin,

If you have access to the stimulus, you could pull this off
with the Driver Schedule or even without it, but that would
be a semi official IBIS solution because it may not work in
all tools.  For example, if you do it with the HSPICE B-element,
you could make a B-element for each stage of your buffer,
and then make a special stimulus generator which reproduces
the bit pattern dependent waveforms for the input to each
B-element (buffer stage).  This way the stages of your buffer
would still be IBIS models, but the relationship between them
would be outside the IBIS world.

Another way to do it would be to use the *-AMS extensions of
IBIS.  This way you could make a completely official model
for the entire buffer.  However, not all IBIS tools have
implemented the *-AMS extensions of IBIS, although there are
several tools with Verilog-A support which may be sufficient
for what you want to do.

I hope this helps.

Arpad