[IBIS] RE: [IBIS-Users] Usage of [Series Current]

From: Prabhat RANJAN <prabhat.ranjan_at_.....>
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 02:26:28 PDT
Hello Mike n Experts,

Regarding the direction of current, you have mentioned that " currents into
pin 2 would be negative. It should not be necessary.".

For which condition, above convention would not be valid??

Also, For any positive voltage in V-I table of [Series Current] ( i.e.,
voltage of pin 1 is greater than pin2 ) , current will come out from pin 1
and will go into pin 2 and from Defined convention of [Series keyword], sign
of current will be negative.

Similarly, for negative voltage, current will be positive.

But, example given under keyword [Series Current] in IBIS ver5.0
specification document shows negative current for negative voltage.

Am I interpreting the "current direction convention" wrongly or there is
some discrepancy in SPECIFICATION document??

Regards

PRABHAT