[IBIS] Re: [IBIS-Users] Usage of [Series Current]

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Wed Sep 23 2009 - 18:09:11 PDT
Hi Prabhat:

Below is the picture for reference.

|                                 |---------|

|               C_comp values are ignored for [Series Current] models.
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Series Current]
|  Voltage   I(typ)    I(min)    I(max)
    -5.0V  -3900.0m  -3800.0m  -4000.0m
    -0.7V    -80.0m    -75.0m    -85.0m
    -0.6V    -22.0m    -20.0m    -25.0m
    -0.5V     -2.4m     -2.0m     -2.9m
    -0.4V      0.0m      0.0m      0.0m
     5.0V      0.0m      0.0m      0.0m

The voltage table convention defines the drop from Pin 1 to Pin 2.  So a
negative table voltage means that the voltage at Pin 2 is higher than
Pin 1.  The current flow convention might be restated that the current
flowing into Pin 1 (and through the series element to Pin 2) is positive.
That is consistent with the current flow convention for other keywords
and for SPICE.

The example represents a series diode whose on state is when the
Pin 2 voltage is greater than Pin 1 voltage, and whose off state
is just the opposite.  So I think the signs are correct.

Also, as previously indicated, you probably need to extend the series
current voltage table to both the plus and minus voltage directions.
That should avoid ambiguity regarding how tools might handle currents
for voltage drops that are not specified in the table.

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC