[IBIS] Official Touchstone 2.0 Parser (tschk2) from IBIS Open Forum

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 18:43:42 PST
To All:

The IBIS Open Forum is making available the official Touchstone Version 2.0
parser/checker (tschk2) for Windows (dos32), 32- and 64-bit Linux_redhat,
Mac_x, and Sun_5 operating systems.  It checks Touchstone files against
the official Touchstone Specification approved by the IBIS Open Forum in
April 2009:

        http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/tschk2/
        http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/touchstone_ver2.0/

Thanks to Brian Andresen of Agilent Technologies (EEsof EDA) for
developing tschk2.

The utility detects and checks against a strict interpretation of
the Touchstone 1.0 (original version but with unlimited number of
ports) and Touchstone 2.0 files.

Features include:

        - Checking of Touchstone 1.0 and 2.0 files against the official
          specifications.

           - Reporting Error and Warning numbers and messages

        - Automatic upgrading of Touchstone 1.0 files to Touchstone 2.0
          (-canonical, -canonical-v2)

           - Automatically detecting the number of ports and number of
             frequencies and other information

           - Un-normalizing Y-/Z-/G-/H-parameters and effective noise
             resistance)

        - Downgrading, where practical, Touchstone 2.0 files to
          Touchstone 1.0 (-canonical-v1)

           - Normalizing Y-/Z-/G-/H-parameters and effective noise
             resistance)

           - Applying Touchstone 1.0 column formatting rules

           - Moving two-port data into the 21_12 order

           - [But not dealing with [Reference] or [Mixed-Mode Order]
             Version 2.0 selections in doing transformations]

         - Describing the content of Touchstone 1.0 and 2.0 data
           in an un-normalized real, imaginary format (-describe)

The -help flag provides these Usage modes:

        tschk2 FILE                   Checks the file, sending error and warning
                                      information to stderr.

        tschk2 -canonical    FILE     Shortcut for -canonical-v2.

        tschk2 -canonical-v2 FILE     Checks the file, sending error and warning
                                      information to stderr, and writes a valid
                                      file to stdout in Touchstone v2 format.

        tschk2 -canonical-v1 FILE     Checks the file, sending error and warning
                                      information to stderr, and writes a valid
                                      file to stdout in Touchstone v1 format, if
                                      possible.

        tschk2 -describe FILE         Checks the file, sending error and warning
                                      information to stderr, and writes a valid
                                      file to stdout in a long-form description.

        tschk2 -version               Displays the version number.

        tschk2 -help                  Displays this help message.

Source code licenses are available to developers for USD 1000.  This
allows commercial vendors to legally use (with minimal restrictions) the
official parser source code externally in products and internally
thoughout the company.

The code is in C++ and is well documented.  The package includes over 440
test cases for the official interpretation of Touchstone Version 1.0
and Version 2.0, and Python scripts to invoke the tests.

Contact me or the IBIS Open Forum if you have questions, issues, or if you
discover bugs.

Bob
(Chair, IBIS Open Forum)

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC