[IBIS] IBIS Summit at DesignCon 2010: First Call for Participation and Presentations

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 14:42:37 PST
(Forwarded on behalf of Lance Wang)

To All:

This is the first announcement for the DesignCon 2010 IBIS Summit
meeting to be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara,
California.

The IBIS Open Forum is sponsoring the event, but we welcome additional
sponsors to cover some of the meeting expenses, including the free lunch
and refreshments.

Register by December 18 for free Exhibits registration.

Also note that VIP discounts are offered for all DesignCon 2010
conference packages (including free exhibition admission) through links
given below.  Several IBIS members are also actively participating and
presenting material in the DesignCon program.

Best Regards,
Lance

                               IBIS SUMMIT
                              FIRST CALL FOR
                       PARTICIPATION & PRESENTATIONS

                  I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

Time/Date:  Thursday, February 4, 2010 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Location:   Santa Clara Convention Center
             5101 Great America Parkway,
             Santa Clara, California, USA

Room:       To Be Determined

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and
             ideas.

Sponsors:   Cisco Systems, IBIS, International Engineering Consortium
             (DesignCon)

             We are seeking more co-sponsors.  Please contact Lance Wang
             <lwang@iometh.com>.  The benefits to sponsors include
             recognition at the meeting and acknowledgement in the Calls
             for Papers and meeting minutes.

             Your financial support strengthens the organization by
             allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities
             rather than raising money, and you will receive generous
             thanks for your support.

DesignCon 2010 Conference:

             February 1 - 4, 2010
             Santa Clara Convention Center
             Santa Clara, CA

               http://www.designcon.com/2010/

             Free Exhibits registration through December 18, 2010

               http://www.designcon.com/2010/register/index.asp

             IBIS Summit participants can register at discounted rates
             through this link for both the conference and exhibition:

               http://www.designcon.com/2010/vip_passes/ibis.html

             However, please also notify Lance Wang (lwang@iometh.com)
             if you are planning to attend the IBIS Summit.

      Conference Schedule:

        http://www.designcon.com/2010/attendees/program_schedule.asp

BACKGROUND

DesignCon is the premier annual Silicon Valley event for the electronic
design automation (EDA) and semiconductor industry.  Topics of current
interest to the IBIS Open Forum are addressed at DesignCon.

This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS meeting.

Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an electronic
format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued. Any pending formal
decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks prior to the
meeting.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development, and
digital circuit design are invited to participate in the Summit meeting.
If you plan to participate, please register with the information below:

    Name:
    E-mail address:
    Company:
    Telephone:

Send to: Lance Wang <lwang@iometh.com>

Registration deadline is Wednesday, January 27, 2010 to receive the free
lunch.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

We are seeking presentations from individuals who have experiences of
interest to the IBIS modeling community.  In the past, these have
included, but not limited to:

    Demonstrations of modeling techniques
    Explanations of behavioral algorithms
    Descriptions of difficulties encountered
    Model correlation
    Modeling building experiences
    Comparisons to other modeling methods
    New technologies for modeling buffers and component
    New technologies for modeling packaging and interconnects
    Algorithmic modeling topics
    Etc.

Presentations may be addressed to any and all levels of IBIS experience,
from beginning to advanced.

Presentation Format:

    A conference laptop with LCD projector.  Powerpoint* or Acrobat*
    electronic formats are favored and will pre-loaded on the
    Windows*-based meeting laptop prior to the meeting.

Time: Usually 15-30 Minutes

Electronic Archival:

    Presentations will be archived under the IBIS Summits site
    and also must be submitted in time for uploading and copying.
    Final submission deadline is:

      Wednesday, January 27, 2010

    Otherwise, you should bring 50 copies for distribution.

If you plan a presentation, please supply the following information as
soon as possible:

    Tentative Title:
    Presenter:
    E-mail address:
    Company:
    Telephone:
    Estimated Time:

Send to: Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>

Note, vendor-specific or product promotion material is illegal at
IBIS meeting.  We strongly advise that the presentations be submitted
by the deadline.  The IBIS Open Forum reserves the right to stop or
reject a scheduled presentation that has not been previewed.

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and a FREE
lunch.  The agenda details will be developed as proposals are received.

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

The Hotel and Travel Link provides a conference hotel discount, and use
internet search engines other good lodging deals:

    http://www.designcon.com/2010/hotel/index.asp

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC