RE: [IBIS-Users] RE: [IBIS] C_comp Max < C_comp Min

From: Lance Wang <lwang@iometh.com>
Date: Wed Sep 29 2010 - 07:44:50 PDT

I would like to echo Bob's comment.

Accurate C-comp value is more important nowadays for high-speed buffers.
Depending on my knowledge, the biggest inconsistency issue is that IBIS only
allows one C-comp value for an I/O buffer. (per corner, of course)

If we spell-out with two values for driving and receiving in IBIS, the IBIS
simulations will give out more accurate results related to ringing and
timing issues. I think it will be a great news especially for high-speed
memory buffers.

Best regards,

Lance Wang
978-764-2298