[IBIS] I have read IBIS again and still am confused about typ min max rules, and the parser handles this inconsistantly

From: Walter Katz <wkatz@sisoft.com>
Date: Wed Sep 29 2010 - 08:31:38 PDT

All,

From IBIS 5.0:

| Usage Rules: [Model Spec] must follow all other subparameters under the
| [Model] keyword.
|
| For each subparameter contained in the first column, the
| remaining three hold its typical, minimum and maximum values.
| The entries of typical, minimum and maximum must be placed on
| a single line and must be separated by at least one white
| space. All four columns are required under the [Model Spec]
| keyword. However, data is required only in the typical
| column. If minimum and/or maximum values are not available,
| the reserved word "NA" must be used indicating the typical
| value by default.
|
| The minimum and maximum values are used for specifications
| subparameter values that may track the min and max operation
| conditions of the [Model]. Usually it is related to the
| Voltage Range settings.

The parser complains when "min <= typ <= max" is violated for [Model]
parameters (e.g. C_Comp), but does not complain when this is violated for
[Model Specific] parameters.

So is this a bug in the parser, or should the document say that "min <= typ
<= max" is not required for [Model Specific] parameters.

Walter

Walter Katz
303.449-2308
Mobile 303.883-2120