RE: [IBIS-Users] RE: [IBIS] C_comp Max < C_comp Min

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@mentor.com>
Date: Fri Oct 01 2010 - 13:34:40 PDT

Walter,

You are making valid points, and took the words out of my
mouth by sending your email before I was able to write my
reply. I just want to add one more point to consider:

In light of the discussions revolving around the reactive
load issues, I wonder whether we need to revisit the basic
IBIS algorithm and come up with a better one which would
involve perhaps differential equations and higher-order
effects. I don't have a clear idea yet what such an
algorithm would look like, but there is certainly room
for some research there...

Of course, given the VHDL and Verilog AMS capabilities in
the IBIS specification, any algorithm is possible without
changing the specification itself...

Arpad