RE: [IBIS] BIRD119: IBIS-AMI New Reserved Parameters

From: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh@sisoft.com>
Date: Tue Oct 12 2010 - 10:10:20 PDT

Arpad,

There's no restriction on the parameters that can be used as controls or
controlled. We built the examples around an analog TX output because it's
a common problem and easy to demonstrate how the dependency tables allow a
wide range of impedances and output voltages to be modeled accurately and
compactly.

Other uses of dependency tables have included creating models that support
more than the 3 predefined IBIS process corners (typ, min, max) and
specifying model behaviors that change as a function of the data bit rate.

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
VP, Software Products
SiSoft