Re: [ibis-macro] Re: [IBIS] RE: BIRD 122 Sample SPICE Deck posted

From: Scott McMorrow <scott@teraspeed.com>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 10:02:42 PST

One thing that is missing from Arpad's proposal is a defined location
for the impulse response boundary, and the port conditions required for
correct impulse response generation. This has to be explicitly spelled
out for AMI.

For example, if the die circuit is driven by a D/A converter, what is
the output impedance of the converter, and is it permissible to break
the model into frequency domain and time domain parts by removing the
connection from the D/A to the remainder of the circuit for direct
mathematical impulse response calculation. If so, what is the impedance
required at the port boundaries.

In other words, can the model be "dual use" with impulse response
calculated with either a digital time domain stimulus, or with the
linear combination of the wave-shaped pulse stream and the circuit
impulse response into a predefined port condition.

These are fundamental questions that make or break model portability
across tools and methods.

Scott

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of