[IBIS] RE: [SI-LIST] IBIS SUMMIT at DesignCon 2011 - Third call for participation and presentations

From: Lance Wang <lwang@iometh.com>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2011 - 06:58:38 PST

To All:

The IBIS Open Forum is pleased to announce our IBIS Summit meeting at
DesignCon 2011. The Summit will be held at the Santa Clara Convention
Center in Santa Clara, California, during DesignCon 2011.

IBIS Summits are designed to enable face-to-face interactions between model
users, model makers and tool developers in the IBIS Community.
Those interested in presenting at or in attending the event may register
using the information below.

The IBIS Open Forum is sponsoring the event, but we welcome additional
sponsors to cover some of the meeting expenses, including the FREE lunch and
refreshments.

We look forward to seeing you in Santa Clara!

Best Regards,

Michael Mirmak
Intel Corp.
Chair, IBIS Open Forum

                               IBIS SUMMIT
                              THIRD CALL FOR
               PARTICIPATION & PRESENTATIONS

                  I B I S S U M M I T M E E T I N G

Time/Date: Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Location: Santa Clara Convention Center
          5101 Great America Parkway,
          Santa Clara, California, USA

Room: Great America Ballroom 3
          Santa Clara Convention Center

Content: Presentations and Discussions

Purpose: Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and ideas.

Costs: FREE

Sponsors: IBIS Open Forum, DesignCon
            We are seeking more co-sponsors. The benefits to sponsors
include
            recognition at the meeting and acknowledgement in the Calls
            for Papers and meeting minutes.
            Your financial support strengthens the organization by
            allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities
            rather than raising money. You will receive generous
            thanks and public acknowledgement for your support.

            Please contact Lance Wang <lwang@iometh.com> for co-sponsorship
            information.

DesignCon 2011 Conference:
            January 31 - February 4, 2011
            Santa Clara Convention Center
            Santa Clara, CA
            http://www.designcon.com/2011/

            Exhibits registration:
            http://designcon.techinsightsevents.com/how_to_register

            Conference Schedule:
              http://designcon.techinsightsevents.com/conference

Information on discounts for IBIS Summit attendees:
        Promo Code: Use promo code DCONIBIS for 20% discount
        DesignCon URL: http://www.designcon.com

BACKGROUND
DesignCon is the premier annual Silicon Valley event for the electronic
design automation (EDA) and semiconductor industry. Topics of current
interest to the IBIS Open Forum are addressed at DesignCon.

This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS meeting.

Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an electronic
format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued. Any pending formal
decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks prior to the meeting.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development, and digital
circuit design are invited to participate in the Summit meeting.
If you plan to participate, please register with the information below:

   Name:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:

Send your registration information to Lance Wang <lwang@iometh.com>.

Registration deadline is Wednesday, January 27, 2011 to receive the free
lunch.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
We are seeking presentations from individuals who have experiences of
interest to the IBIS modeling community. These can include, but are not
limited to:
   Demonstrations of modeling techniques
   Explanations of behavioral algorithms
   Descriptions of difficulties encountered
   Model correlation
   Modeling building experiences
   Comparisons to other modeling methods
   New technologies for modeling buffers and component
   New technologies for modeling packaging and interconnects
   Algorithmic modeling topics
   Etc.

Presentations may be addressed to any and all levels of IBIS experience,
from beginner to expert.

Presentation Format:
   Microsoft Powerpoint* or Adobe Acrobat*
   electronic formats are favored and will pre-loaded on the
   Microsoft Windows*-based meeting laptop prior to the meeting.
   Materials will be projected but handouts or other physical media
   are welcome.

Time: Usually 15-30 Minutes

Electronic Archival:
   Presentations will be archived under the IBIS Summits site
   and also must be submitted in time for uploading and copying.
   Final submission deadline is:
     Wednesday, January 27, 2011
   Otherwise, presenters must bring 50 copies for distribution.

If you plan a presentation, please supply the following information as soon
as possible:
   Presentation Title:
   Presenter:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:
   Estimated Time:

Send to - Michael Mirmak <michael.mirmak@intel.com>

Note, vendor-specific or product promotion material is forbidden at IBIS
summits. We strongly advise that the presentations be submitted by the
deadline for review. The IBIS Open Forum reserves the right to stop or
reject a scheduled presentation that has not been reviewed.

AGENDA
The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and a FREE lunch. A
formal list of speakers and topics will be released one week prior to the
event.

HOTEL AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
The Hotel and Travel Link below provides a conference hotel discount, as
well as transportation suggestions:
    http://designcon.techinsightsevents.com/travel_information