RE: [IBIS] Submodel clamping curves

From: Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>
Date: Tue Mar 22 2011 - 19:47:56 PDT

Danny:

The way to understand [Submodel]s is to consider them as

independently functioning models whose outputs are connected

to the common IO node of the top-level model. The top-level

model and all submodels under it are simulated simultaneously.

Their combined (and sometimes time-varying) impedances

are seen by the top-level model and all submodels due to the

common connection.

The Submodel_types including Bus_hold and some extended operations

of the Dynamic_clamp have active submodel simulations even if the

top-level model is in Input model (Non-Driving mode).

So treat the submodel as an independent model, and not as

a model whose I-V tables are added to the top-level model.

Bob