RE: [IBIS] RE: [ibis-macro] Re: Minutes from the 26 Apr 2011 ibis-atm meeting Proposed

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@mentor.com>
Date: Sat Apr 30 2011 - 22:59:51 PDT

Doug,

Even though your message is addressed to Scott, I feel I have to

respond to it because you made several comments about (I assume

the ATM) committee, its chairman's responsibilities (me) and our

motivations.

I wonder what is the basis of the claims you are making with such

great authority when I could count on one hand how many times you

have attended the ATM meetings in the last several years. You

simply have no clue on what is going on in the meetings and it

seems that the information you are getting from your colleagues

who do attend the meetings is heavily filtered and biased.

The number of constructive feedback given to your company's or anyone

else's proposals is countless and come in written or verbal, public or

private forms. Your claim that we are "Just saying I don't understand
or I disagree ..."

is simply not true. Also, your claim that "...the committee focuses on
trying to

eliminate that possible use as its number one crusade..." and "the
reason the committee

chose to focus on this instead of the functionality is, in my opinion,
politically motivated"

is dead wrong. The committee's number one priority currently is to

clean up the errors and inconsistencies in the existing specification.

The issues with Model_Specific (Usage Out/InOut/Info) are simple logical

problems in the specification that need to be addressed. The rules in

the current specification simply do not make logical sense. There is

nothing political about this, it is a plain logic problem. I am very

sorry to hear that you are unable to comprehend that. Unfortunately

this is just one of the many logical nonsenses in the specification.

But now that you reminded me to what my responsibility as the chairman

of the committee is "It is the responsibility of the committee members
to look past the

individual and address the topic and it is the responsibility of the
Chairman to ensure that that

happens." I am getting very close to sending a request to our postmaster

to remove you from the ATM email reflector, in order to make sure that

we can make progress in our work without individuals like yourself

hindering us with useless, false and inflammatory accusations.

Sincerely,

Arpad