[IBIS] VOL, VOH, Vmeas, VIL, VIH

From: AZANOWSKY Beatrice <Beatrice.AZANOWSKY@fr.thalesgroup.com>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2011 - 03:47:02 PDT

Dear Members,

 Is any one is able to answer at the 2 questions below please?

1) It seems that the IBIS models do not generally use the VOL and VOH. It is only the Vmeas or the Vref that is used. So, if there is Vmeas only that is displayed by the IBIS model and not VOL and VOH, what about the logic states supplied by the driver? Could we say that the level is HIGH if the signal is above Vmeas (and not above VOH) and the level is LOW if the signal is below Vmeas (and not below VOL)?

2) For a LVTTL 3.3V standard, VIL is about 0.8V and VIH is about 1.7V at the receiver. OK.

But, does the receiver strictly use these thresholds to switch its states or does it use others thresholds included in the (VIH(1.7V)-VIL(0.8V)) zone (1V for example instead of 0.8V and 1.4V for example instead of 1,7V)?

Because we have simulations results where VIL (0.8V) and VIH (1.7V) are crossed 2 times. Some people say that it is not a serious problem because in fact the thresholds of the receiver are not at 0.8V but above 0.8V, between 0.8V and 1.7V, and not at 1.7V but below 1.7V, between 1.7V and 0.8V.

Is this right please? Then, could we know what are the thresholds really used by the receiver?

Thank in advance for your help.