RE: [IBIS] Model Corner C_comp BIRD Discussion

From: Nikonchuk Sergey-R6294C <R6294C@freescale.com>
Date: Thu Sep 15 2011 - 07:14:23 PDT

To All,
I am personally support any explicit clarification for the C-Comp parameter
That can help to clarify
- how this parameter were obtained for specific corner (Process/Voltage/Temperature simulation condition) and
- how this particular parameter could be correlated against to simulation and/or silicon measured values.

Most of customers are concerned of accuracy of this parameter for particular conditions, especially for high speed frequency depended interfaces.
To make sure IBIS model accuracy.
Existing IBIS standard definition that allow mix min/max/typ c_comp values
based on actual absolute values (not as they were measured really)
are confused mostly instead of give a clarity for concerned question.

What I am really propose to introduce some advanced table-based capacitance model, like as CCS (Composite Current Source model) or ECSM (Enhanced Current Source Model) considered all possible conditions.

Regards,
Sergey Nikonchuk
Characterization and View Generation
TSO / DT / DC / Libraries