[IBIS] RE: Agenda, IBIS Open Forum Teleconference for Sept. 16, 2011

From: <radek_biernacki@agilent.com>
Date: Thu Sep 15 2011 - 23:23:48 PDT

Hi Michael,

I have got the following comments on the BIRDs scheduled for vote at the Open Forum Teleconference on Sept. 16, 20011

First, I have a minor comment on

        - BIRD139.1: Reserved_Parameters Order Ross
          http://www.eda.org/ibis/birds/bird139.1.txt

The last two lines of the changed paragraph state that "Any text after the '|' character will be ignored by the parser." It needs to be added how far the ignored text extends.

Second, I have several important comments on

        - BIRD127.2: IBIS-AMI Typographical Corrections Muranyi
          http://www.eda.org/ibis/birds/bird127.2.txt

1. Bottom of page 1 - the text implicitly allows "Out" and "InOut" for model specific parameters. I believe, that issue was extensively discussed in the ATM group, with opposing views, but it has not been resolved yet. The last thing we want is to introduce a new text that may require changes once the other issue is resolved.

2. Pages 3, 7, 9 - references and examples relating to the 'Type' for the format 'Table', particularly in the context of the first column, are in conflict with the recently accepted BIRD132.

3. Top of page 5 - the exceptions are stated for the AMI_parameters_in only. Thus it is still unstated that, for example, 'Reserved Parameters' branch must be collapsed in AMI_parameters_out as well.

4. Page 6 - the text "is a either" should read "is either".

Best regards, Radek