[IBIS] IBIS package modeling discussions

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@mentor.com>
Date: Mon Jul 16 2012 - 11:27:20 PDT

I would like to let everyone know that we are going to
discuss the IC vendor's perspective on IBIS package
modeling in the IBIS-ATM teleconference tomorrow, and I
would like to encourage the IBIS representatives of IC
and/or package vendors to attend the meeting so that we
could have a productive discussion.

I would like to have as many IC and/or package vendors to
be present as possible so that we could make a realistic
assessment of the industry's needs in this area so that
we could define the direction IBIS should take for package
modeling to help the industry to produce and use standard
package models instead of proprietary, tool specific
solutions.

Questions I would like to find answer to are along the lines
of why the current IBIS package modeling is not useful for
the industry and what should the IBIS specification be
improved to make it useful again.

We know that the RLC or ideal T-line currently available in
IBIS is way too inadequate for GHz designs. We would like
to utilize the IBIS-ISS capabilities to improve on that.
But do we have problems with the current syntax in the way
package models are referenced and instantiated in the .ibs
file? Do we need a different way of doing that? If so how?
Etc...

I think these meetings are important historic moments in IBIS.
We have the rare opportunity to define new directions, which
doesn't happen very frequently.

I would like to encourage everyone to participate in these
discussions so that we can find a useful solution for the
needs of the industry and make the IBIS specification useful
for package modeling also.

Time: July 17, 2012 Noon US Pacific Time

=====

Audio:

======

Voice dial-in: (800) 637-5822

International: +1 (647) 723-3937 <--- (For Canada)

                      0114501530 <--- (For Sweden)

                      0201400572 <--- (For Sweden Toll Free)

                    069509594672 <--- (For Germany)

                     08001014542 <--- (For Germany Toll free)

Access Code: 685-0440

Web

===

Click Here to Join Live Meeting: