RE: [IBIS] IBIS-ISS Package Modeling Status/Overview

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@mentor.com>
Date: Fri Jul 20 2012 - 09:56:45 PDT

Ray,

Regarding: "I think a good solution is something that works kind of like the
current .pkg method but with expanded capabilities (support for s-parameters
and the inclusion of coupled PDN nets for a start)."

(at the expense of starting to sound like a broken record),
that's exactly what I am proposing in BIRD 125. Together
with BIRD 145 it would allow arbitrary package and/or on-die
interconnect topologies around legacy [Model] or [External
Model] keywords for power and/or signal. The model maker can
decide whether they want to include power or signal or both
with or without coupling.

But I have a question for you. When you talk about including
S-parameter models instead of RLC or T-lines, are you talking
about referencing a T-stone file directly, or are you talking
about referencing an IBIS-ISS subcircuit in which there might
be RLC, W, Touchstone, etc... elements?

Thanks,

Arpad