[IBIS] Asian IBIS Summit (Hsinchu) - Third Announcement

From: Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>
Date: Tue Sep 11 2012 - 16:57:37 PDT
To All:

The IBIS Open Forum is holding its third Asian IBIS Summit Meeting in

Taiwan. We are meeting for the first time in Hsinchu on Tuesday,

November 13, 2012.

Several companies listed below are co-sponsoring this major event

to be held at the Ambassador Hotel, Hsinchu. Like in previous

years, We are planning for many attendees.

We encourage technical contributions from Asia.

Other Asian IBIS Summit meetings are scheduled for:

  Shanghai, P.R. China, Friday November 9, Parkyard Hotel

  Yokohama, Japan, Friday, November 16, Pacifico Yokohama

Lance Wang

IO Methodology

Bob Ross

Teraspeed Consulting Group

                         ASIAN IBIS SUMMIT (HSINCHU)

                              THIRD CALL FOR

                      PARTICIPATION AND PRESENTATIONS

            A S I A N   I B I S   S U M M I T   ( H S I N C H U )

Time/Date:  Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM

            Meeting starts at 8:30 AM

Location:   Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu

            No.188 Section 2, Chung Hwa Road

            Hsinchu 300, Taiwan

   http://www.ambassadorhotel.com.tw/HC/ambassador_hsinchu.htm?LC=EN

Room:       Tentatively Ballroom D

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and exchange IBIS and interconnect model related

            information and ideas.

Primary Sponsor:

            ANSYS

Co-sponsors (in alphabetical order):

            Agilent Technologies

            Avant Technology (IO Methodology)

            Cadence Design Systems

            Intel Corporation

            Synopsys

Cost:       FREE, including refreshments and buffet lunch

Vendors:    Some vendors will have information tables outside the

            meeting room

            Contact us for details regarding sponsorship.

BACKGROUND

   We have held many successful Summit meetings across Asia in previous

   years.  This will be our third meeting in Taiwan where many national

   and international high technology companies have operations.

   Our objective is to reach out internationally to communicate with

   the local experts and to learn of regional concerns.

CONFERENCE LANGUAGE

   The conference language is English, but we will plan for technical

   translations in English and Chinese.  So presenters can optionally

   deliver in Chinese as long as an English version of the material is

   available.

IBIS SUMMIT

   This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.

   Presentations will be archived in an electronic format on our

   Summits site, and minutes of the meeting will be issued.  However,

   no formal decisions requiring votes will be planned.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

   People involved in IBIS and interconnect model development, EDA

   tool development, and digital circuit design are invited to

   participate in the Summit meeting.  If you plan to participate,

   please register using the information below (in English):

     Name:

     E-mail address:

     Company:

     Top-level Web Link:

     Country:

     Telephone:

   Send to BOTH:

     Lance Wang, IO Methodology             lwang@iometh.com

     Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group   bob@teraspeed.com

   SIGNUP DEADLINE: November 7, 2012

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

   We are seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS and

   interconnect modeling experiences or issues.  If we have to

   select presentations for the number of time slots available, we

   will give preferential consideration to presentations from Asia.

   Presentation Format:   LCD Projection from meeting laptop computer

   Time:                  15-30 Minutes including questions

   Electronic Archival:   All presentations will uploaded to our public

                          IBIS Summit archives

   Electronic Format:     Power Point or Acrobat

   Presentation Booklet:  Available at the meeting for all attendees

   Presentation Deadline: October 9, 2012 to produce the presentation

                          copies for the meeting

   If you plan a presentation, please ADD to the above registration

   information:

     Title of Presentation:

     Estimated Time:

       (30 minutes or less)

   We will notify you of acceptance and may follow up with questions

   when we form the program agenda.

   Note: Vendor promotional or business information is prohibited.

   Presentations must be in English, although the delivery can be in

   Chinese.

   Submissions from Taiwan and across Asia are strongly encouraged,

   though submissions from other regions are very welcome.  Topics may

   include behavioral modeling of buffers, interconnects or other system

   components.

AGENDA

   8:00 -   8:30  Vendor table setup and tables

   8:00 -   8:30  Sign in

   8:30 -  12:00  Presentations

   12:00 - 13:30  Free buffet lunch, vendor tables

   13:30 - 16:30  Presentations

   The specific agenda is being developed.  We expect nine or ten

   presentations covering a range of issues from existing customer

   experiences, existing clarifications and some of the future

   directions in IBIS to deal with technical advances.

   Several presentations on IBIS applications and behavioral modeling

   issues, including interconnects and system components, are expected

   from co-sponsor companies and/or their customers.

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS AND TRAVEL

   Hotels in all price ranges can be found through internet searches.

   The conference hotel link is

   http://www.ambassadorhotel.com.tw/HC/ambassador_hsinchu.htm?LC=EN

   If you would like to stay at the conference hotel, contact

   Lance Wang (lwang@iometh.com) for the discounted room rate.