Re: [IBIS] SI_location / Timing_Location

From: Scott McMorrow <scott@teraspeed.com>
Date: Tue Aug 27 2013 - 10:38:44 PDT
Actually, Si_location and Timing_location go back to 1997 and were
introduced by Bob Ross of Interconnectix (pre-Mentor)

http://www.eda.org/ibis/birds/bird43.txt

Timing_location may also need to be changed to die for large FPGA type
devices, because of large non-monotonic signals at the pins.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Robert Haller <rhaller@enterasys.com>wrote:

> I think the SiSoft guys probably pushed for this a while ago. Their
> software can do chip to chip timing either at pin or pad (on either end of
> transmission line). Usually one performs static timing from pin to pin
> because then there is no double counting when using data sheet timing
> specs. But if you are designing the silicon and the package, there are
> good reasons to perform timing pad to pad when you are trying to shave
> picoseconds.
> Regards
> Bob

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
16 Stormy Brook Rd
Falmouth, ME 04105

(401) 284-1827 Business

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC