[IBIS] Re: [IBIS-Users] Re: FOM Implementation for IBIS

From: Mike LaBonte <mikelabonte@eda.org>
Date: Mon Nov 18 2013 - 11:08:49 PST
Hi Abhishek,

There is code at http://www.eda.org/ibis/accuracy/ to compile "ACK", a
utility written in C to calculate the IBIS FOM for two input datasets.
However, I have to say that since some scripting might be needed to
produce files in the format it recognizes, in my opinion it takes not
much more scripting at all to implement the FOM.

Possibly the most challenging part is reconciling the differences
between how the FOM is described in the Accuracy Handbook, the ACK user
guide, and the ACK code itself. The code is probably the best reference,
although it belies some uncertainty about how the denominator of the
equation should be calculated, leaving a hook for users to enter their
own numbers directly on the command line, if they don't like what ack
calculates.

Mike