[IBIS] Policies and Procedures Draft - Your Review is Requested!

From: Mirmak, Michael <michael.mirmak@intel.com>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2015 - 08:09:38 PST
As you may already be aware, the original IBIS Charter from 1995 is being updated, becoming a "Policies and Procedures" document.  The proposed changes clarify how we operate day-to-day, make IBIS as an organization more consistent with other industry standards groups, and enable greater participation by IBIS members worldwide.

The most recent Policies and Procedures document draft is posted for your review at:

http://www.eda.org/ibis/docs/policies/IBIS_policies_procedures_review_draft3.pdf

You can find additional formats for the document, plus the original Charter and amendments, under:

http://www.eda.org/ibis/docs/policies/

Links to these are available through the main IBIS website, http://www.eda.org/ibis/.

The complete rationale for the update, as well as a summary of the changes, can be found at the Chair's Status Report from the IBIS Summit at DesignCon 2015: http://www.eda.org/ibis/summits/jan15/mirmak.pdf

I urge you to review the draft and provide feedback, either via e-mail or in one of our upcoming IBIS Open Forum teleconferences.  Once at least two calls for comment have passed and all comments have been addressed in a final draft, we will announce a date for an approval vote; approval will require a 2/3 majority of IBIS members.  Your input and participation are therefore vital to making the IBIS Open Forum a more responsive and useful organization.

Thank you for your support of IBIS!

Michael Mirmak

Intel Corp.

Chair, IBIS Open Forum