[IBIS] FW: An editorial change for IBIS

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@mentor.com>
Date: Mon Mar 23 2015 - 15:06:50 PDT
Hello,

I think I found a sentence in the IBIS specification which might
need to be corrected for the next version.

I see the following sentence on pg. 22:

"In addition, within that .ibs file, they override any globally defined package models that have the same name."

I have an issue with the second half of it.  What does "globally
defined package models" refer to?  As far as I can tell, this
refers to the [Package] keyword and the package parasitics in the
[Pin] keyword.  But neither of these keywords (or package models)
have a name.  So what does the end of the sentence "have the same name"
refer to?

I think this should be corrected to whatever the correct answer is.
Does this need a BIRD, or could this be handled in the editorial
task group?

Thanks,

Arpad