Re: ibis

Subject: Re: ibis
From: Adam.Tambone@fairchildsemi.com
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 12:38:19 PDT

John,

My apologies for the delay in this response.

I am still not clear as to what you have or what you want to create.
Perhaps some very general and simplified advice can get you started.

First inspect the material available at the IBIS site mentioned by Arpad,
especially the specification itself. IBIS models ( datasheets ) contain DC
and Vt data in addition to other parameters associated with the buffer
being modeled. The DC and Vt data can be gained via simulation ( SPICE to
IBIS ) or through lab measurement. Most of the additional parameters can
be gained from the device's datasheet such as Vinh and Vinl. Collectively
this data comprises a IBIS datasheet which can be used by various
simulators to perform limited SI simulation and analysis. These simulators
read a IBIS datasheet and create their own behavioral model based on the
information contained therein. Creating your own behavioral model from a
IBIS datasheet is not a trivial task.

Hope this helps,
Adam Tambone

john austin <john_austinus@yahoo.com>@eda.org on 09/18/2001 11:58:23 AM