High frequency performance of IBIS model

Subject: High frequency performance of IBIS model
From: Chao Su (csu@nortelnetworks.com)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 12:40:41 PDT

Hi,

I'm working in signal integrity of optical transceivers. I'm considering of
using IBIS model for my simulation, our optical transciever is operated at
2.5Gb/s. Somebody told me that IBIS model is not good to predict high
frequency behavior for the device. I would like you can give me advice about
what issue I need to concern when I get my IBIS model from vendors and how I
can make sure the model is good in high frequency simulations.

Thanks

Chao Su
Optical Systems Design (Dept. QF11)
Nortel Networks