Re: Execution of s2ibis2

Subject: Re: Execution of s2ibis2
From: Syed Huq (shuq@cisco.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 08:48:59 PST

Ramesh,

The only NT version that is on the web only supports IBISv1.1. There is a Win95
version also on the web for IBISv2.1.

Unfortunately, I don't see any 2000 or NT version for s2ibis2.

I am not sure how difficult it is to download the source code and recompile on
your particular OS.

Maybe other Windoze users can comment on this.

Syed

> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:26:09 +0530
> From: Ramesh Karmungi <kramesh@spikeindia.com>
> Subject: Re: Execution of s2ibis2
> To: Syed Huq <shuq@cisco.com>, ibis-users@eda.org
>
> Hello Syed Huq,
>
> Thanks for reply, as suggested i have tried and found HSPICE works on command
line
> with
>
> start /w c:\path of HSPICE -i <path of *.spi file> -b
>
> It is creating .lis file (output) and its OK. However, when I run s2ibis2
ver1.1,
> HSPICE doesn't run.
> Could you please suggest.
>
> I have one more query, I have downloaded S2IBIS2 ver 2.0. In read me
document, it
> is mentioned that it work on the following os:
>
> bin/ contains the following executables:
>
> s2ibis2.ultrix executable for DECstations (Ultrix 4.3)
> s2ibis2.hpux executable for HPUX
> s2ibis2.aix32 executable for RS6000 (AIX 3.2)
> s2ibis2.sun4 executable for SPARCstation (SunOS 4)
> s2ibis2.solaris executable for SPARCstation (Solaris)
>
> Please let me know whether s2ibis2 ver 2.0 supports on windows 2000 or NT and
is
> it available.
>
> Thanks
> Ramesh
>

> Syed Huq wrote:
>
> > Ramesh,
> >
> > I have not used the PC version but let me ask you a few questions:
> >
> > 1) Are you able to run HSPICE from a command line ?
> > 2) Can you try:
> >
> > % hspice putout.spi
> >
> > and see if you get an error.
> >
> > If you get an error, open the output file and see what it is all
> > about.
> >
> > s2ibis2 works on all versions of HSPICE so that should not be a problem
> > My 'guess' at this point is you call to HSPICE from s2ibis2 may not be
> > working properly..
> >
> > Since s2ibis2 creates an .spi file, that is good but as it tries to run
HSPICE