RE: Simulating IBIS models using XTK

Subject: RE: Simulating IBIS models using XTK
From: Khalid Ansari (khalida@vitesse.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 14:44:01 PST

Hi all,

I am using the B element of HSPICE ( as recommended by
the gurus) to simulate my IBIS model that I created. This
IBIS model is for TTL I/Os that I created using the s2ibis utility.
The complete model looks fine but when I simulate one of the
macro models I see a digital signal rather than an analog signal
that I should see at the output. When I take the hspice deck
for the TTL I/O and simulate it I see a nice analog signal at the
end. This, I believe but the B element simulation of the IBIS
model I do not believe. Basically this is what it looks like:

                                      ---------------
                                   *
                                 *
                               *
-----------------------------
for the hspice output and

                                     --------------
                                   *
                                   *
                                   *
----------------------------------
for the IBIS output.

What could I be doing wrong here? Any inputs will be appreciated.

My hspice deck with the b element looks like this:

.option post probe
.option accurate
.opt dv=1
vin nd_in 0 pulse(0.8 2.0 2.0ns 1ns 1ns 2ns 6ns)
b1 nd_pc nd_gc nd_in nd_out_of_in
+ file = '871.ibs' model = 'pnl_it2nn8'
rpadx nd_in nd_inx 2
.op all