Re: Warning Message (ibischk3 V3.2.x)

Subject: Re: Warning Message (ibischk3 V3.2.x)
From: Mike LaBonte (mike@labonte.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 04:17:24 PST

It is expected that clamps behave like diodes, and conduct no
current within some voltage range. A diode certainly conducts
no current with zero volts across it. If a clamp curve shows
current flow with zero volts across it, there may have been an
error separating the clamp curve from the output curves. It is
common to force the 0V currents to 0mA.

Or, there may be a terminator resistor that someone has chosen
to add into the wrong clamp curve. I think it is customary to
add resistors to the curve of the same rail they are attached to.

Mike LaBonte