Re: Warning Message (ibischk3 V3.2.x)

Subject: Re: Warning Message (ibischk3 V3.2.x)
From: akimoto@lsi.nec.co.jp
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 17:47:32 PST

Hello,

What is "diode"?

Is it only "ESD diode"?
Or, does it include the leak current at Hi-Z state of
P-ch transistor?

If the first case, we can not separate only this effect
from the measurement curve.
If the last case, how did you decide the limitation value
as like 1uA?

I cannot understand what does this WARNING warn to us.
Can I ignore this WARNING?

Best regards,
Akimoto

>It is expected that clamps behave like diodes, and conduct no
>current within some voltage range. A diode certainly conducts
>no current with zero volts across it. If a clamp curve shows
>current flow with zero volts across it, there may have been an
>error separating the clamp curve from the output curves. It is
>common to force the 0V currents to 0mA.
>
>Or, there may be a terminator resistor that someone has chosen
>to add into the wrong clamp curve. I think it is customary to
>add resistors to the curve of the same rail they are attached to.
>
>Mike LaBonte
>
>Takanobu Ura wrote:
>>
>> Dear all.
>>
>> I have a question.
>> What dose the following warning mean?
>>
>> WARNING -
>> Model xxx: POWER Clamp : Typical value never becomes zero
>>
>> The below is PowerClamp infomation.
>>
>> [Power Clamp]
>> 0 4.957u 5.049u 4.825u
>> -76m 5.07u 5.376u 4.918u
>> -152m 5.348u 6.904u 5.053u
>> -227m 7.611u 15.19u 6.135u
>>
>> Is there somthing wrong with the PowerClamp?
>>
>> Best Regards.
>> T.Ura

Akimoto Tetsuya
Design systems Grp. System LSI Design Engineering Div.
NEC Electron Devices, NEC Corporation
Email:akimoto@lsi.nec.co.jp Phone:044-435-1511