Re: Warning Message (ibischk3 V3.2.x)

Subject: Re: Warning Message (ibischk3 V3.2.x)
From: Mike LaBonte (mike@labonte.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 20:22:36 PST

Yes the ESD diode, or whatever circuit is used for over-voltage
protection. It may be fair to propose having ibischk allow
clamp currents to not quite reach zero, since real circuits
show zero current only if:

- you use insensitive measuring equipment
- you simulate using approximate models
- there is no power supplied

If you are an IC vendor, it may be helpful to take advantage of
the Free Model Review Service described at
http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/support.htm
The reviewers may be able to give information on how well the
various IBIS simulators will tolerate clamp curves that do not
reach zero current.

Mike LaBonte