RE: [Q] Is there any EDA simulator accepting Connector IBIS?

Subject: RE: [Q] Is there any EDA simulator accepting Connector IBIS?
From: Bill Hargin (billh@cognitionconsulting.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 18:18:58 PST

Hello Charlie:

What you have may be HSPICE models. The last I heard was that the spec had
not been approved. (There may be more recent information that someone can
provide.) For you to be able to simulate with an IBIS connector model you
need 3 things:

1. The spec to be finalized
2. A model in the IBIS format (I'm doubting that any of these are in
existence yet)
3. A simulator that supports it (I don't think that any of them do at this
point, since the spec has not been finalized)

2 and 3 are going to take some time after 1 is approved.

Best Regards,
Bill Hargin
Direct: 425-702-0744
Fax: 425-702-0305

Cognition Consulting
Electronic Design Software and Consulting
http://www.CognitionConsulting.com